The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program not only provides you with a full comprehensive home energy assessment—with many on-the-spot efficiency upgrades—but it also provides you with rebates for other energy-efficient upgrades (many that are only offered through this program).
HES Programs and Rebates* (made possible by Energize CT)
- Insulation Rebate: The program pays a $1.70/sqft if installed by a licensed contractor. If installed by customer, the program pays for $0.25/sqft.
- NEW! Windows Rebate: The window rebate offers $100 a window for replacing single pane or double pane windows with Triple Pane Energy Star qualified windows (No storm windows).
- HVAC Upgrade: Central Air Conditioning Rebate is $200.00 for qualifying systems. Air source heat pump rebate is $500.00 per ton for qualifying systems. Additional Information: (http://www.cl-p.com/Home/SaveEnergy/Rebates/High_Efficiency_HVAC_Rebate/?MenuID=4294985278)
- Energy Star Electric Heat Pump Water Heater: $750 if 50 gallons or less, $400 if over 50 gallons Instant discount (no mail in rebate)
- Energy Star Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater: $300 Instant discount (no mail in rebate)
- Appliances Rebates:
a. Energy Star Clothes Washer – $50
b. Energy Star Refrigerator – $50
c. Energy Star Dehumidifier – $25
- Gas Rebates: visit http://www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/gashotwaterrebate.aspx for more information
Rebates available to everyone
- a. Hot water heat pump $400 www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/heatpumpwaterheaterrebate.aspx
- b. Ductless split heat pump system $1000 for electrically heated homes, $300 for fossil fuel customers www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/ductlessheatpumpsystem.aspx
- c. Geothermal heat pump. $500 per ton capped at $1500 per electric account. www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/geothermalheatpump.aspx
Town Programs and Stimulus Grants
Check with your town hall to see if they are offering any additional rebates or incentive programs.