The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program not only provides you with a home energy assessment—with many on-the-spot efficiency upgrades—but it also provides you with rebates for other energy-efficient upgrades (many that are only offered through this program).
HES Programs and Rebates* (sponsored by CEEF)
- Insulation Rebate: The program pays for $1.00/sqft and no more than 50% of the project cost if installed by a licensed contractor. If installed by customer, the program pays for $0.20/sqft and capped at 50% of the insulation costs.
- NEW! Windows Rebate: The window rebate offers $50 a window for replacing single pane windows with Energy Star qualified windows (No storm windows).
- HVAC Upgrade: Central Air Conditioning Rebate for 2013 will be $250.00 for qualifying systems. Additional Information: (http://www.cl-p.com/Home/SaveEnergy/Rebates/High_Efficiency_HVAC_Rebate/?MenuID=4294985278)
- Energy Star Electric Heat Pump Water Heater>: $400
- High Efficiency Indirect Water Heater: $300
- Energy Star Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater: $200
- Appliances Rebates:
a. Energy Star Clothes Washer – $50
b. Energy Star Refrigerator – $50
c. Energy Star Dehumidifier – $25
d. Energy Star Freezer – $25
- Gas Rebates: visit http://www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/gashotwaterrebate.aspx for more information
Rebates available to everyone
- a. Hot water heat pump $400 www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/heatpumpwaterheaterrebate.aspx
- b. Ductless heat pump system $1000 for electrically heated homes, $250 for all others www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/ductlessheatpumpsystem.aspx
- c. Geothermal heat pump. $500 per ton capped at $1500 per electric account. www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/geothermalheatpump.aspx
CT Solar Lease-A Special Solar Energy Leasing Plan For Homeowners—NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AGAIN!
Offers affordable solar energy systems for qualifying homeowners in Connecticut. No down payment, low fixed monthly payments. See www.ctsolarlease.com for a full description of program, or call 888-232-3477
Federal Tax Rebates
On February 17, President Obama signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009. This bill extends and modifies the tax credits for windows, doors, and skylights established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
You can visit www.energystar.gov for residential energy efficiency tax credit information call the Energy Star Hotline at 888 (782-7937) for further information. The following guidance is not intended as legal advice, and you should consult a tax professional with specific questions.
Renewable Energy: Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost of the total job, (for existing homes & new construction) for geothermal heat pumps, solar panels, solar water heaters, small wind energy systems, fuel cells, etc.
Town Rebate Programs and Stimulus Grants
Check with your town hall to see if they are offering any additional rebates or incentive programs. Towns like Chesire have programs made possible through stimulus grant money. Other towns may offer their own programs.