The Home Energy Solutions (HES) program not only provides you with a full comprehensive home energy assessment—with many on-the-spot efficiency upgrades—but it also provides you with rebates for other energy-efficient upgrades (many that are only offered through this program).
HES Programs and Rebates* (made possible by Energize CT)
- Insulation Rebate: The program pays a $1.00/sqft and no more than 50% of the project cost if installed by a licensed contractor. If installed by customer, the program pays for $0.20/sqft and capped at 50% of the insulation costs.
- NEW! Windows Rebate: The window rebate offers $50 a window for replacing single pane windows with Energy Star qualified windows (No storm windows).
- HVAC Upgrade: Central Air Conditioning Rebate is $250.00 for qualifying systems. Air source heat pump rebate is $500.00 for qualifying systems. Additional Information: (http://www.cl-p.com/Home/SaveEnergy/Rebates/High_Efficiency_HVAC_Rebate/?MenuID=4294985278)
- Energy Star Electric Heat Pump Water Heater>: $400 Instant discount (no mail in rebate)
- High Efficiency Indirect Water Heater: $300 Instant discount (no mail in rebate)
- Energy Star Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater: $300 Instant discount (no mail in rebate)
- Appliances Rebates:
a. Energy Star Clothes Washer – $50
b. Energy Star Refrigerator – $50
c. Energy Star Dehumidifier – $25
d. Energy Star Freezer – $25
- Gas Rebates: visit http://www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/gashotwaterrebate.aspx for more information
Rebates available to everyone
- a. Hot water heat pump $400 www.clp.com/home/saveenergy/rebates/heatpumpwaterheaterrebate.aspx
- b. Ductless split heat pump system $1000 for electrically heated homes, $300 for fossil fuel customers www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/ductlessheatpumpsystem.aspx
- c. Geothermal heat pump. $500 per ton capped at $1500 per electric account. www.cl-p.com/home/saveenergy/geothermalheatpump.aspx
Federal Tax Rebates
On February 17, President Obama signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Tax Act of 2009. This bill extends and modifies the tax credits for windows, doors, and skylights established in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
You can visit www.energystar.gov for residential energy efficiency tax credit information call the Energy Star Hotline at 888 (782-7937) for further information. The following guidance is not intended as legal advice, and you should consult a tax professional with specific questions.
Renewable Energy: Tax credits are available at 30% of the cost of the total job, (for existing homes & new construction) for geothermal heat pumps, solar panels, solar water heaters, small wind energy systems, fuel cells, etc.
Town Rebate Programs and Stimulus Grants
Check with your town hall to see if they are offering any additional rebates or incentive programs. Towns like Cheshire have programs made possible through stimulus grant money. Other towns may offer their own programs.